Children in Custody Disputes, Do's And Dont's
Children in Custody Disputes, Do's And Dont's, NC Family Law
Sometimes when parents are divorcing or are in a custody dispute they tend to lose sight of the important things with regard to their children's rights and sensitivities. Children caught in the middle have the right
- NOT to be asked to choose sides
- NOT to be told the nasty details of the legal proceedings
- NOT to be told "bad things" about the other parent
- NOT to be quizzed about the other parent
- NOT to be used as a messenger between parents
- NOT to be asked to tell lies about the other parent
- NOT to be a parent's legal confidant
- to express their feelings and to choose not to express certain feelings
- to be shielded from parental "warfare"
- NOT to feel guilty for loving both parents.
Source: Parent Education and Custody Effectiveness
Jennifer R. Robertson
Rutherford Robertson, P.A.
30 Church Street South
Concord, NC 28025
P.O. Box 2119
Concord, NC 28026-2119