Rutherford Robertson, P.A. 704-792-1011
Take advantage of the experience of Rutherford Robertson, P.A. so that you can make informed decisions as you close one chapter of your life and enter into the next.

First and foremost, it is not necessary to have a separation agreement to make your separation legal.  Your separation becomes “legal” once you or your spouse leaves the marital residence with the intent that it be permanent.  Separation agreements are a contract between you and your spouse that can contain provisions on your agreements pertaining to spousal support, child custody, child support, and equitable distribution, just to name a few.  Separation agreements can essentially cover and resolve all issues without any need of litigation.  Many people are comforted by the idea of having a separation agreement in place while they are waiting for their divorce to become final.  Once you are eligible for divorce, after your one-year separation, your separation agreement can be incorporated into your divorce decree thereby becoming a part of the court order, enforceable by the powers of the court. The agreement must be signed by both parties to be effective.

If you believe that a separation agreement would be a perfect fit for you and your spouse, please contact Rutherford Robertson, P.A. and schedule your confidential consultation today.

Recent Publications

Children in Custody Disputes, Do's And Dont's
Sometimes when parents are divorcing or are in a custody dispute they tend to lose sight of the important things with regard to their children's rights and sensitivities.
[Read More...]

The Process For An Uncontested Divorce
To get a divorce after the requisite one year of separation, you must file a Complaint and Civil Summons with the court, generally in the county you reside.
[Read More...]

Get in Touch

  • Phone:
    Ph:704-792-1011 / Fax:704-792-0901
  • Request Info:
    Submit An Email
  • Address:
    30 Church St S,
    Concord, NC 28025